A data warehouse is designed by integrating data from multiple heterogeneous sources. It
supports analytical reporting, structured queries and decision making.
• A data warehouse is a database, which is kept separate from the organization's operational database.
• No frequent updating is done in a data warehouse.
• It possesses centralized historical data, which is useful to the company to analyse its tasks.
• A data warehouse helps executives to organize, understand, and use their data to take appropriate decisions.
• Data warehouse systems help in the integration of variance of applications.
• Data warehouse system helps in centralized historical data analysis.
Informatica is a Software development tool, which provides data integration products. If offers products for ETL, data masking, data Quality, data virtualization, master data management, etc. Informatica Powercenter ETL/Data Integration tool is a most commonly used in the common term, when we say Informatica, it refers to the Informatica PowerCenter tool for ETL. It is used for Data integration and It offers the capability to connect and fetch data from different heterogeneous source and processing of data.
The different editions for the PowerCenter are
• Standard edition
• Advanced edition
• Premium edition
The following services design the Informatica PowerCenter processing engine:
Integration Service: It conducts and implements the ETL logic
Repository Service: It manages connectivity to the metadata repositories, where mapping and enterprise definitions were saved
Repository Service Process: It retrieves, inserts and updates repository metadata. It is a multi- threaded process.
Repository: It a database which contains the ETL metadata
Client Applications: In Informatica client applications, the desktop tools are used to create transformations, manage metadata, execute     ETL processes and monitor them.
Designer :Developer tool used for the development of ETL mappings.
Workflow Manager: To create and start workflows
Workflow Monitor : To monitor the workflows
Repository Manager :This tool used to manage targets connections, folders, users and objects etc.
Administrator console :A web-based tool used to perform domain and repository service tasks